1924 to 2009: History of the NRC Canada Institute for Scientific and Technical Information = 1924 à 2009: Histoire de l'Institut Canadien de l'Information Scientifique et Technique du CNRC

  1. (PDF, 6 MB)
DOIResolve DOI: http://doi.org/10.4224/18548390
AuthorSearch for:
TypeCorporate Publication
AbstractThe NRC-CISTI library had its beginnings in 1924, when a small resource collection was established to serve the scientific staff of the newly organized laboratories of the National Research Council of Canada. The pioneering chief librarian, Margaret Gill, was appointed in 1928. The first president, Dr. H.M. Tory made it clear from the outset, however, that he intended to create “a library that would serve scientific workers everywhere in Canada.” During her 30 years, Miss Gill built up one of the strongest collections of scientific journals in Canada. NRC and its library moved in 1932 to its new location on Sussex Drive.
Publication date
PublisherNational Research Council Canada
AffiliationNRC Canada Institute for Scientific and Technical Information; National Research Council Canada
Peer reviewedNo
NPARC number18548390
Export citationExport as RIS
Report a correctionReport a correction
Record identifier6658033f-67d8-4918-881d-d359934c6135
Record created2011-09-14
Record modified2016-09-02
Bookmark and share
  • Share this page with Facebook (Opens in a new window)
  • Share this page with Twitter (Opens in a new window)
  • Share this page with Google+ (Opens in a new window)
  • Share this page with Delicious (Opens in a new window)