Submissions to the NRC Publications Archive are made by designated Submission Administrators at each portfolio. If you are a researcher and would like to submit your publication to the Archive, please submit your publication to your designated NRC Publications Archive Submission Administrator.
If you have been designated as your Portfolio's NRC Publication Archives Submission Administrator, it is your responsibility to:
- Encourage researchers to keep all versions of their manuscript (author's, accepted and publisher's) and if possible, a signed copy of the LTP;
- Submit publications to the NRC Publications Archive on a monthly basis using the Submission Spreadsheet.
This will involve:
- Entering citation information (title, author, journal, etc.) about each publication into the Spreadsheet;
- Indicating within the spreadsheet if the publication is associated with a particular program or project;
- Submitting the spreadsheet AND an electronic copy of the appropriate full text version (when appropriate) of each publication identified in the spreadsheet to NRC-Knowledge Management (NRC-KM).
NRC Publications Archive Deposit Agreement
Initiating deposit of publications in the NRC Publications Archive requires your agreement with the following statements:
- That your portfolio has pre-publication processes in place that ensure that:
- This publication is the author's or the authors' work.
- All portfolios who have authors of this work have agreed to allow it to be posted to the NRC Publications Archive under the conditions set out in this agreement.
- This publication does not infringe any law or any right (including copyright) of another person or party.
- If the publication contains third party material (such as tables, graphs and pictures) that is not covered by Crown Copyright or NRC-authored material for which NRC previously granted an exclusive licence to a third party, you represent that you have obtained the unrestricted permission of the copyright owner or licensee to grant NRC the rights required to post to the NRC Publications Archive, and that such third-party owned or licensed material is clearly identified and acknowledged within the text or content of the submission.
- This publication does not contain libelous or defamatory material.
- This publication does not contain any information with a sensitivity level of Protected B or higher.
- Intellectual property disclosures comply with the NRC intellectual property policies and guidelines.
- That if a third party is publishing this manuscript (e.g. a journal article or conference paper), completion of the NRC "Licence to Publish (Crown Copyright)" form has been executed by NRC. It retains NRC's right to post to post a copy of the Accepted Manuscript on the author(s)' institutional web site(s), the author(s)' funding body's designated archive, the author(s)' personal web site and any other open access digital repository, immediately from the date of acceptance of the manuscript for publication or up to a maximum of 6 months after the date of acceptance, unless NRC and the publisher have agreed otherwise.
- Any agreement to publisher conditions other than the rights stated in Number 2 above, will be described in detail on the NRC Publications Archive submission form; e.g.,
- The specific version that can be made available
- The date that it can be made available
- The supervisor of the principal NRC author has agreed to this publication being added to the NRC Publications Archive.
By reading this agreement, you acknowledge your agreement with the above statements and agree that to the best of your knowledge they are true.